Home NEWS Police/Fire Cigarette Sparks Second Alarm Fire And Rescue Effort In Rossmoor Tuesday

Cigarette Sparks Second Alarm Fire And Rescue Effort In Rossmoor Tuesday

SHARE
Photo: Archive

Fire investigators said an improperly discarded cigarette sparked a 2-alarm fire at 2808 Saklan Indian Drive in Rossmoor Tuesday, causing $140,000 damage to the most heavily impacted unit and displacing two residents.

The first firefighters on the scene of the blaze were met by heavy smoke and fire, a second alarm quickly called shortly after the blaze was discovered on a back porch of the residence at 2:46 p.m.

Firefighters quickly searched the residence upon arrival but found that one person had managed to escape the flames on their own. The fire was declared extinguished at 3:12 p.m.