Home NEWS Police/Fire Fire Damages Home In Walnut Creek Friday

Fire Damages Home In Walnut Creek Friday

File Photo

An apparently faulty heating system led to an early-morning fire at a home in the 300 block of Dover Drive in Walnut Creek Friday, spreading to the interior and burning into the home’s attic before it was declared under control.

The fire was reported by a resident of the address at 4:32 a.m., with firefighters met by smoke and flame upon arrival.

No injuries had been reported by press time.


  1. That is so freaky becuse 2 other homes on that same block of Dover Drive right next door to each other both had fires about a year and a half apart back in the late 1980s, as the home at the intersection of Dover and Angus had an electrical fire in one of the bedrooms right after Christmas in 1989, ans about a year and half or so before that, the home behind that one had a fire in its garage which I believe I heard was caused by oil rags.

    Does anybody know if it was one of those 2 homes that this has happened to again?!

    • Oh, okay. Because 357 had the fire in the garage which was started by oil rags in early or mid 1988, and a few days after Christmas in 1989 the home right next door at 371 had a fire in one of the bedrooms whixh was caused by an electrical short in a wall outlet.

  2. Followed an older guy driving down Ygnacio smoking a cigarette with his windows rolled down. Sure enough, he flipped the butt onto the road and continued driving. Was able to catch him at a stop light and let him know what I thought of him and his reckless action.
    With all the current major fires in Calif during high fire season, THINK.

Leave a Reply