Firefighters were met by smoke and flame upon arrival at a home in the 200 block of Tamarisk Drive in Walnut Creek early Friday, declaring a second-alarm when their initial check determined the garage area of the home was fully engulfed in flame.
The fire was discovered burning at the two-story residence at 3:12 a.m., with portions of the roof collapsing as firefighters poured water onto the structure.
Preliminary examination determined that the fire appeared to have started in the garage, though it was not said what set things alight.
There was no immediate report of injuries or estimate of damage. It was not immediately known if the home was occupied at the time of the fire.