From the Town of Danville:
Dry conditions and high winds have increased the chances of a potential wildfire situation, prompting PG&E to institute a Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) that will affect an estimated 1,850 Danville homes.
The PSPS event is set to begin between 6;00 – 8:00 p.m. Oct. 14, 2020 with residents affected in the area near Diablo Road. According to PG&E’s website, power restoration is expected to begin at approximately 10:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 15, 2020. To determine if your residence will be affected by the PSPS, go to https://pgealerts.alerts.pge.com/addresslookup/
Preparing for a PSPS event:
- Make sure your PG&E billing information contains your current contact information to receive notifications.
· Plan for medical needs, like devices that use batteries/require power or medications that need to be refrigerated. Visit PG&E’s Medical Baseline Program page for more information about the program, resources available, and how to apply.
· Fuel up vehicles
· Charge mobile devices
· Prepare backup charging methods for phones or other devices
· Keep hard copies of emergency numbers
· Create or restock a home emergency kit that includes fresh batteries, flashlights, cash, and first aid supplies. The www.bereadysrv.org web site has checklists and other ideas for preparing for an emergency
· Know how to manually open your garage door
· Plan for the needs of your pets
· Unplug electronics or install a surge protector
· Ensure backup generators are ready and safe to use
· Sign up for emergency alert notifications:
o CCC Community Warning System Phone 925-655-0111
o Nixle: Text your ZIP CODE to 888777 for mobile alerts
· For additional wildfire and emergency preparedness tips, visit:
· PG&E has also established a Safety Action Center web page in order to provide helpful information about wildfire risks and what you can do before, during and after an emergency to keep your family safe.