The Walnut Creek City Council on Tuesday is expected to evaluate a proposal giving the city manager permission to authorize a $225,000 contract agreement with a recruiter tasked to increase staffing at the city’s police department.
The Walnut Creek Police Department is banking a service agreement with Epic Recruiting will give the department the recruiting effort it needs reach and recruit qualified applicants.
If approved, the contract would call for Epic to create:
- Recruiting videos
- A web page with two years of hosting and technical support for content change, Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, analysis of analytical data from website and advertising,
- Paid advertising on social media.
According to Epic Recruiting’s quote for services, they will provide 3 days of on-location video/photo production expected to generate 13 videos ranging from 10-seconds to 1-minute. They will also provide a Brand Development Research/Strategy.
A breakdown of the their quote includes:
- Brand Development – $100k
- Recruitment Website – $50k
- Online Marketing Campaign – $75k
Funding for the recruitment effort comes from money the city would have paid in salary to an unspecified number of police officers – not currently on the job.
Epic Recruitment’s past clients include several law enforcement agencies, including Berkeley Police, Concord Police, Fairfield Police, Hayward Police, Richmond Police, and Tracy Police.
Walnut Creek City Council Meeting
June 20, 2023
City Council Chamber, 1666 N. Main St., Walnut Creek
Full Agenda – click here