Date(s) - 02/14/2017
5:45 pm - 6:30 pm
Justin Herman Plaza
In years past, nearly 1,000 San Franciscans have descended on Justin Herman Plaza with feather-stuffed pillows to run Braveheart-like at full speed at one another and lovingly beat the crap out of each other until the whistle blows.
Will There Be a Pillow Fight This Year? This is a decentralized unofficial (and unpermitted) event, so attend at your own risk of being disappointed. But if 1,000 people head down to Justin Herman Plaza with pillows and THINK there’s going to be a pillow fight… then there’s probably going to be a pillow fight even if there’s no one “in charge.” Check out the Pillow Fight Facebook page for any 2017 details.
- Bring a mask or bandanna to cover your mouth – it’s easy to choke on flying feathers.
- Bring a synthetic pillow (not one with feathers). Trust us.. it’s much more enjoyable this way.
- Bring a garbage bag – have fun and then help clean up afterward – the price of having fun is keeping your city clean and makes it much less likely for the fuzz to shut this thing down.
- Build up your arm strength – your arms will be sore after this… trust us.
- It’s worth repeating… HELP CLEAN UP AFTERWARD – we can’t stress this enough so that we can continue having fun anarchy like this.