Date(s) - 11/10/2017 - 11/12/2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Veterans Memorial Building
Veterans in the San Ramon Valley are inviting residents to come to downtown Danviile for the annual Veterans Day Open House, commemorating the 75th anniversary of the Doolittle Raid. From November 10-12, 2017 the military-themed exhibits, gathered from local residents, will be displayed in the main auditorium of the Veterans Memorial Building, 400 Hartz Avenue, as well as outside the building.
This year the event will also focus on commemorating the 75th Anniversary of WWII in the Philippines and the Bataan March.
In addition to a display of the Doolittle Raid and a presentation by the USS Hornet, exhibits will also include military memorabilia from other time periods including:
- Extensive exhibit by the Bataan Legacy Historical Society
- Full size cockpit of F-8 Crusader jet from USS Hornet
- Bell UH1 “Huey” helicopter
- Carvings and art work by US Army combat artists
- Post 9/11-Global War on Terror display
- Aircraft Instruments and Communication gear
- Author’s Table featuring book signings by local military authors
- Children’s activities
- Blue Star Moms (Send a postcard to current service men and women overseas)
Admission is FREE.
The Veterans Memorial Building is located at 400 Hartz Avenue in Danville.
Event hours are:
- FRI, Nov 10 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- SAT, Nov 11 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- SUN, Nov 12 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Docents will be available to guide guests around the permanent museum displays.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org