From the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District:
All of Contra Costa County is under an NWS Red Flag Warning from Sunday evening at 10 p.m. through Monday morning at 11 a.m. Additional fire weather and gusty winds are expected to affect the entire area through Monday and into Tuesday morning.
County residents in areas susceptible to wildland fire may want to consider relocating ahead of this event. Those uncomfortable at their residences given this fire weather event, and with somewhere to go that is not in a threat area (see map at http://bit.ly/CCCVeryHighFireZoneMap
for details), should consider relocating this afternoon.
Residents living in Very High Fire Hazard Severity Zones, wildland-urban interface areas, or in areas with narrow streets or limited evacuation routes should ensure the following today:
• Cell phones are fully charged and notifications are enabled
• Cell and home phones are registered at www.cwsalerts.com – still time to do this
• Car is parked facing out of the driveway
• Alternate evacuation routes from home to a safe area are identified
• A plan is in place and they are ready to go as soon an official evacuation order is received
ADDITIONAL INFO: Residents advisory available at http://bit.ly/CCCRedFlagReloAdvice. Info on how to protect family, home and neighbors from wildfire at www.cccfpd.org/wildfireprep.