Parks affected include Anthony Chabot, Claremont Canyon, Huckleberry, Kennedy Grove, Leona Canyon, Redwood, Roberts, Sibley, Tilden, and Wildcat Canyon
Tuesday, October 13, 2020 (Oakland, CA) – Red Flag Warning issued by National Weather Service for major wind event on Wednesday, Oct 14 at 5:00 a.m., through Friday, Oct 16 at 11:00 a.m. Anticipated winds ranging from 45 to 70 mph in the East Bay Hills.
The following regional parks are temporarily closed beginning tomorrow at 5 a.m. through Friday at 11 a.m. due to dangerous fire conditions:
* Anthony Chabot Regional Park (Including Anthony Chabot campground)
* Claremont Canyon Regional Preserve
* Huckleberry Botanic Regional Preserve
* Kennedy Grove Regional Recreation Area
* Leona Canyon Open Space Regional Preserve
* Reinhardt Redwood Regional Park
* Roberts Regional Recreation Area
* Sibley Volcanic Regional Preserve
* Tilden Regional Park
* Wildcat Canyon Regional Park (including Alvarado Park)
EBRPD Fire Department will be staffing several park fire stations along with CalFire who remains on high alert.
For up-to-date information on closures and reopenings, visit www.ebparks.org.