Date(s) – 09/28/2019
12:00 am – 5:00 pm
Judge John Sutter Regional Shoreline
Oakland, CA – The East Bay Regional Park District is celebrating its 85th Anniversary with its first-ever FAM Fest! Fall Arts & Music Festival on Saturday, September 28, 2019, from 1-5 p.m. at the newly renovated Bridge Yard building in Oakland.
The public is invited to join the Park District in celebrating 85 years of preserving open space in Alameda and Contra Costa counties for recreation and environmental conservation. Festival sponsor, the Regional Parks Foundation, is celebrating its 50th Anniversary this year.
The Park District’s FAM Fest! is FREE to the public and will feature live music performances, exhibits, kids activities, live art, bike tours on the Bay Bridge, and walking tours of the new parkland. Food and beverages will be available for purchase, including beer from event sponsor Drake’s Brewing Company. FAM Fest! is for all ages and ADA accessible. For more information or to let us know you’re coming, visit www.FAMFestOak.eventbrite.com.
LOCAL ARTISTS, MUSICIANS, AND PERFORMERS INCLUDE:
- MC’d by SaulPaul, A Musician with A Message
- JC Stringz
- DJ R w/ Saraswathy Lakshmivaraham
- Queen Deelah
- Alphabet Rockers
- Cheat Day
When: Saturday, September 28 from 1-5pm
Where: Bridge Yard, Judge John Sutter Regional Shoreline, 210 Burma Road, Oakland, CA 94607 (Off Maritime Street at the Oakland touchdown of the Bay Bridge.
- Parking: Free parking available on site.
- Park & Bike/Walk: Park at the Emeryville Ikea and walk or ride 1.5 miles along the Bay Trail to the Bridge Yard building. Much thanks to Ikea for allowing FAM Fest! attendees to use their parking lot for free!
- Biking: Secure bike parking is available. Prizes for people who bike to the event, while supplies last.
- Transit: Exit MacArthur BART and take the free, bike-friendly, Emery-Go-Round to Bay Street and Shellmound (the Ikea stop). Cross the street to access the Bay Bridge Trail to walk or ride 1.5 miles along the Bay Trail to the Bridge Yard building. Attendees can also rideshare to the festival from West Oakland or MacArthur BART stations.