Home NEWS Police/Fire Two-Alarm Blaze Sparks Some Anxious Moments On Castle Glen Road Saturday

Two-Alarm Blaze Sparks Some Anxious Moments On Castle Glen Road Saturday

SHARE
Photo: ConFire/File

A two-alarm blaze believed caused by stray embers landing on a wood shake roof severely damaged a home at 301 Castle Glen Road in unincorporated Walnut Creek Saturday.

The blaze was first reported at 5:34 p.m. with the California Highway Patrol summoned to help clear traffic and gain access to the residence – reached by a steep driveway with switchbacks that made it difficult for fire apparatus to navigate.

Flash subscribers and this site’s Facebook readers reported some scary moments for neighbors in the area and for the three people in the home at the time.

Reader Lisa Boynton watched the incident unfold. “Our Tice Valley residents are grateful for the attack mode by fire personnel that kept it contained to one home,” she said. “All got out safe, including the doggie. (The home suffered) roof damage.”

The fire was largely out by 7 p.m., with firefighters staying on scene to monitor the situation and check for hotspots. No damage estimate was given.

There were no injuries reported in this blaze.

11 COMMENTS

  1. I keep smelling smoke. I know its probably someones barbecue but I’m paranoid about fires.

Comments are closed.