From the City of Orinda:
Due to the limited on-street parking in the area and use by BART commuters of on-street spaces for extended periods of time, displacing resident vehicles, Brookwood Road Residents have requested an on-street Residential Parking Permit Program. A pilot program is being implemented to study the effects and issues of such a program, and will extend on Brookwood Road from the western edge of Camino Pablo to Spring Ct. This area will be designated as permit parking District “A”. All vehicles displaying a valid District “A” parking permit will be exempt from the 4 hour parking time limit as described in posted signs. Permits will not be mandatory to purchase. Non-permitted vehicles must follow the posted time-limited signage.
Orinda residents fronting Brookwood Road will be able to apply for a District “A” permit by going to the City of Orinda website prior to the program implementation date of September 10, 2018.
· Eligible Residents (District A): Residential properties that front Brookwood Road
· Permits Available: 94 permits available
· 2 specific vehicles per residential household
· After 30 days of the initial offering, a household may request up to a total of 4 permits, which will be issued on a first come first served basis until the maximum 94 permit limit is reached
(Each household will be able to purchase up to 2 permits regardless of the limit)
· Cost: $40 July 1st or later; and $80 prior to July 1st (per vehicle)
· All permits expire at the end of each calendar year. (December 31st)
· Parking is first come, first served. A permit does not guarantee a parking space.
· New Parking Restrictions: 4 hour parking limit from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday-Friday except Holidays and vehicles displaying District A Permits. Existing 2 hour parking near Camino Pablo will remain and will have NO permitted exemption.
Permit Application Requirements:
· One of the following to register for a Turbo Data account: Driver’s License (Must be registered to applicant’s address), utility bill, rental/lease agreement, or deed.
· For permit application: Car Registration (must be registered to applicant’s address)