After a period of relative calm the thieves Lafayette Police Chief Eric Christensen has dubbed “The Bears,” have apparently moved back into Orinda for the time being – rifling cars in search of treats.
Here’s a breakdown of incidents reported to Orinda police last week:
- Oct. 25 – 6:10 p.m., 100 block of Moraga Way
- Oct. 25 – 5:28 p.m., Bear Creek Rd. and Camino Pablo
- Oct. 30 – 11:16 a.m., 100 block of Orchard Rd.
- Oct. 30 – 11:17 a.m., 20 block of Rheem Blvd.
- Oct. 25 – 10:36 a.m., 500 block of Moraga Way
- Oct. 25 – 9:54 p.m., During traffic stop, Old Tunnel Rd and Fish Ranch Rd.
- Oct. 30 – 3:46 p.m., During traffic stop, Brookwood Rd. and Camino Pablo
There’s a point where you have to take personal responsibility for some of this. If you are leaving expensive items in your car and people are taking them from you there’s a lesson in there to be learned.
I agree with Tony. Then there are people who will say we’re “blaming the victim.” We’re just being cautious. I don’t leave anything in my vehicle, valuable or not.