Crime took a holiday in Orinda last week. Actually, that’s not entirely so but it was fairly quiet as those who like to prowl and skulk apparently went elsewhere to do their dirty work.
But our local police will tell you that a quiet week can be a prelude to a busy one and we know they are remaining steadfast and vigilant.
Here are a few notable capers culled from the Orinda police log:
- Oct. 22 – 7:08 p.m., arrest after traffic stop, (circumstances not given), Camino Pablo and Claremont Ave.
- Oct. 22 -5:p.m., 60 block Moraga Via
Major Injury Accident
- Oct. 23 – 11:36 p.m., Tara Rd. and Overhill: An Orinda woman was behind the wheel when her car slid out of control and impacted with a tree at this location. The driver suffered broken legs, ribs, and a laceration to the forehead. Her passenger, a Concord man, suffered a dislocated shoulder. Police were reportedly working to determine if alcohol or drugs somehow contributed to this crash.
- Oct. 19 – 2:01 a.m., 100 block of Orchard Rd.
- Oct. 23 -1:12 p.m., 50 block of Singingwood Ln.