Residents from throughout the Tri-Valley will converge on the Town of Danville July 4 to enjoy one of Danville’s great traditions, the Annual Kiwanis July 4 Parade. Streets in the downtown will be closed to traffic from 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and the parade will run from 9:00 a.m. – Noon.
· Parade begins at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, July 4, 2015
· NEW THIS YEAR – because of drought-related water restrictions and impact on businesses, parade attendees are encouraged to NOT put out chalk or tape on the sidewalks to mark off spots for their chairs for the parade. This is being asked because businesses will not be able to power wash the sidewalks afterwards and the markings and tape residue remains for several weeks and months afterwards and can be unsightly.
· Chairs may be placed on the sidewalks on Friday, July 3, 2015 AFTER 6:00 p.m. Residents are also reminded not to block handicap accessible ramps on the street corners.
· Parking is available at several municipal lots including:
Front Street Municipal Parking Lot
Railroad Avenue Municipal Parking Lot
Clock Tower Parking Lot
Park and Ride Lot on Sycamore Valley Road
Danville Library/Community Center parking Lot
Disabled resident parking is available at Diablo Road at Front Street.
· Street Closures: Closures are scheduled from 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Danville Boulevard between El Cerro Boulevard and Railroad Ave.
Railroad Ave. between Hartz Ave. and Love Ln.
Love Lane between Railroad Ave. and Verona Ave.
La Gonda Way between El Cerro Boulevard and Danville Blvd.
Hartz Avenue between Railroad Ave. and Hartz Way
San Ramon Valley Boulevard between Hartz Way and Sycamore Valley Rd.
Westbound Sycamore Valley Road and Remington Loop between San Ramon Valley Boulevard and Sheri Ln.
· Through traffic may utilize:
Danville Boulevard from El Cerro Boulevard north
Del Amigo Road
San Ramon Valley Boulevard south of Sycamore Valley Road West
For more information on the parade, contact Economic Development Manager Jill Bergman at (925) 314-3369 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Information and registration can be found on the Kiwanis website at www.kiwanis-srv.org.