Crime logs detailing calls answered by the men and women of the Orinda police department last week just came in Monday and we note that auto burglaries still remain a thorn in the side of local law enforcement.
All things considered, Orinda manages to escape most of the sort of crime plaguing other areas in the East Bay, but occasionally trends develop and auto burglaries seem prevalent in Orinda and other areas of Lamorinda. It has been suggested that advances in home surveillance have driven some criminals away from residential break-ins to thefts from cars parked outside – many of which are proving to hold valuable items and, apparently, are being left unlocked.
Just spitballing, but if you can get a computer and sports gear from an unlocked car away from the home surveillance system, why risk breaking into the house? No hard evidence to support that right now, but perhaps some will turn up. Meanwhile, the logs for crime in Orinda last week:
- May 6 – 5:55 p.m., 40 block Charles Hill Cr.
- May 3 – 11:19 a.m., 100 block Ardith Dr.
- May 4 – 8:02 a.m., 600 block of Tahos Rd.
- May 7 – 9:53 a.m., Wilder Rd. at Orinda Fields Ln.
- May 7 – 10 a.m., Recovery, Library Garage
- May 8 – 4:57 p.m., Orinda PD