Residential burglaries fell off sharply last week – drying up completely, in fact – but Orinda’s finest kept busy tracking thieves mining electronics and other valuable items from other folks’ cars.
Orinda isn’t alone when it comes to car burglaries. Other towns and cities in The Numbers are facing the same problem as thieves have apparently learned you can get cool things from cars here – many of which aren’t even locked.
Here’s a breakdown of crimes reported to Orinda police last week. How were things in your neighborhood?
- April 20 – 1:17 a.m. (Arrest), Camino Pablo and Orinda Way
- April 20 – 2:46 a.m., 60 block of Lombardy Lane
- April 20 – 8:10 a.m., 80 block Tiger Tail Court
- April 25 – 12:40 a.m., 100 block of Ardith Drive
Weapon at School
- April 23 – 11:43 a.m., (Arrest/Knife) Miramonte High School