Orindans – a lot of them anyway – were Spring Breaking last week, off enjoying our weather and California’s visual splendors. That’s a good thing, but we always hold our breath here at NEWS24-680 because burglars like nothing better than an empty home with time to see what it has to offer them.
We usually hear from vacationers who have returned to find the homestead plundered but, so far at least, we seem to have escaped largely unscathed. Here is a list of calls handled by the men and women of the Orinda police department last week:
- March 29 – (Adult) 2:43 a.m., 20 block Crestview Terrace (unknown disposition)
- March 30 – (Adult) 5:59 p.m., 400 block of Tahos Rd. (contact made)
- April 1 – 3:23 p.m., Camino Pablo and Claremont Ave.
- April 1 – 7:18 p.m., 40 block of Valley View Dr. (unknown what kind of shooting was being done in this case).
- April 2 – 12:55 p.m., 10 block of Camino Encinas
- April 3 – 7:49 a.m., 200 block of El Toyonal
- April 3 – 8:29 a.m., 20 block of Orinda Way
- April 3 – 10:48 p.m., Bank of the West
- April 3 – 11:52 p.m., Bank of the West
- April 2 – 5:55 p.m., 10 block of Los Amigos (unknown disposition).
- April 4 – 9:47 a.m., El Toyonal and Alta Vista