County health officials say a person rode BART from Lafayette to Montgomery Station during both the morning and evening commutes earlier this month – prior to being diagnosed with measles.
County health officials confirmed the county’s first measles case since a statewide outbreak began in December but reiterated that the risk of exposure – even aboard a crowded BART train – remained low. Contra Costa Public Health and the San Francisco Department of Public Health were working to track the person’s movements and notify people who came into contact with them. The person’s age or gender was not given.
Officials said the passenger traveled between Lafayette and Montgomery Station from Feb. 4 through Feb. 6 during both the morning and evening commutes from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. They have also determined that the person patronized the E&O Kitchen and Bar at 314 Sutter Street in the city on February 4, between 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. The person’s employer is reportedly assisting in the effort to retrace their movements and notify potential contacts, health officials said.