Here we are, all wrapped up and cozy in our homes – and there they are, thousands of miles away and guarding some far-flung outpost.
Moragan Amy Morosini offers a way to remember our service members this Holiday – and beyond. Amy has a collection box at her front door. She invites anyone who feels guilty (like us) about having heat, great food, and family members around us this holiday season to send a little bit of home to military personnel missing all of those things.
She’s been doing this for a while now and has a list of frequently requested items your basic dogface would like to get from home:
- Books, Magazines, DVDs, PS3 Games or Xbox Games
- AT&T phone cards
- Baby wipes and body wipes
- Batteries (AA)
- Dental floss
- Waterless hand sanitizer
- Eye drops
- Saline nasal spray
- Black sunglasses
- Foot powder
- Disposable razors
- Soap (non-scented because bugs like scented items)
- Shampoo (non-scented because bugs like scented items)
- Baggies with Zip Lock
- Tube Socks
- “Gold Bond” type anti-fungal powders
- Fleece gloves, scarves and blankets
- Lotion (non-scented because bugs like scented items)
- Lidocane 4% cream
- Snacks (no homemade baked goods – items must be new and packaged)
Got any of this stuff? Sure you do. If you want to get it in the hands of serving soldiers and sailors drop it into Amy’s collection box at 137 Derby Lane. She can also stop by your home if you have a bunch of items you would like to donate.
EDITOR: Amy hastens to add that any personal messages, letters or cards you or the kids care to write also make nice additions to her home front boxes. Nothing lifts the spirits like letters from home.